Useful tools and resources
7 February 2018 549 views | Documentation v1, Documentation v2
I have found the following tools to be very useful while developing Tuskfish:
- Evernote: Was truly useful in tracking my project development and writing the documentation for it. There's a lot of note taking applications out there, but only Evernote does a good job of syncing across multiple machines and mobile devices.
- DB Browser for SQLite: A desktop GUI programme for viewing and manipulating SQLite databases, it's great.
- Death To The Stock Photo: Send you nice some stock photos each month, which you are allowed to use in your own projects and products. They also have a paid premium service.
- realfavicongenerator.net: A free site that will generate a suite of favicons and supporting code for the main operating systems, from a sample file. Also provides a good explanation and advice on the subject.
I found a few sites particularly useful in understanding some of the nitty-gritty detail of the internet:
- (The only proper) PDO tutorial: Given how important PDO is you'd think it would be well documented, wouldn't you? Nope. This site is essential reading if you want to use PDO. And I do mean essential.
- The Hitchiker's Guide to SQL Injection Prevention: I found this greatly clarifying. Basically, the zillions of byzantine SQL injection attacks breathlessly described in confounding detail have only one simple root cause: Improperly formatted queries. Yes, it really is that simple. Now that you know, you can actually fix it.
- What every developer should know about URLs: Everything you instinctively knew and some things didn't, written down in a clear manner.
Copyright, all rights reserved.