Customising the home page (moving your content stream to another page)
10 February 2018 | 48 views | Tags: Documentation
Perhaps you don't want to display a content stream on your default home page (index.php). Perhaps you would like to display a landing page or splash screen there instead, and display a content stream on another page with a custom name (eg. 'blog.php'). To do this, follow these steps:
- Rename index.php to whatever you want to use as your content stream index (eg. blog.php).
- Edit trust_path/configuration/config.php and append the name of your new page to the value of TFISH_PERMALINK_URL, eg. TFISH_URL becomes TFISH_URL . 'blog.php'. This ensures that your RSS links point back to the right page.
- Edit blog.php and change the variable $targetFileName = 'index' to $targetFileName = 'blog'. This ensures that the heading and tag links point back to the new content stream page.
- Edit rss.php and do the same.
- Edit search.php and change $tfTemplate->targetFileName = 'blog' This ensures that your search result links point to the new content stream page.
- Create your own custom index.php with whatever alternative content your heart desires.
Copyright, all rights reserved.