Customising the home page (moving your content stream to another page)
10 February 2018 | 36 views | Tags: Documentation
Perhaps you don't want to display a content stream on your default home page (index.php). Perhaps you would like to display a landing page or splash screen there instead, and display a content stream on another page with a custom name (eg. 'blog.php'). To do this, follow these steps:
- Rename index.php to whatever you want to use as your content stream index (eg. blog.php).
- Edit trust_path/configuration/config.php and append the name of your new page to the value of TFISH_PERMALINK_URL, eg. TFISH_URL becomes TFISH_URL . 'blog.php'. This ensures that your RSS links point back to the right page.
- Edit blog.php and change the variable $target_file_name = 'index' to $target_file_name = 'blog'. This ensures that the heading and tag links point back to the new content stream page.
- Edit rss.php and do the same.
- Edit search.php and change $tfish_template->target_file_name = 'blog' This ensures that your search result links point to the new content stream page.
- Create your own custom index.php with whatever alternative content your heart desires.
Copyright, all rights reserved.
The user manual provides a comprehensive guide to Tuskfish CMS operations. It covers all all aspects from installation to adding and curating content, managing site security and customisation of themes. For additional information on how to customise Tuskfish please see the developer guide.